Saturday, October 3, 2009

Linksys Dual N-Band Router solves a problem.

This is a WRT610N. I had big files (400Gb) to transfer on "our" home network. took all day...This router help tremendously and really solved the problem by allowing two media servers to transfer the large media files over our home Ethernet network (at 10+Mbps).  The set-up (LELA) didn't work but a call to Cisco got me promptly to a person I could understand and I was running in no time whatsoever... easy. Can't say I notice an improvement in Wi-Fi performance but I suspect that if I had some of the cool methods CNET uses to test this stuff there would be a huge improvement over the G Band routers we used previously. So an ATT 2 Wire router/modem at 6Mbps (as fast as we can get here) feeds the Cisco which is direct connected to the desktop, an old airport extreme and the media servers. Couldn't get it to recognize a usb lacie and an iomega unit. Highly recommended!...new cables helped as well (they always do and it's as noticeable here as in the main stereo and theater systems in our home-a great investment)..We took thousands of CDs and saved them on a server... it occurred to me it might be a good idea to back it up..didn't learn that one the hard way... 15+  shopping bags of CD's donated to a good cause.. less for us to move next time!

1 comment:

  1. Hey,

    This content is complete guide for setting up Linksys Router Setup. Keep the useful content coming. thanks for sharing it..

    Best Regards
    Eva smith

    ReplyDelete